Tola has served with Gwent Police for 9 years.
Tola has two engineering degrees from De Montford University in Leicester followed by a twelve year career in engineering finishing up in Cardiff.
In 2010 Tola spent 101 days in Maryland, USA as Fulbright Police Research Fellow researching domestic abuse.
I spent six years at Christchurch in Newport as a youth leader and a church administrator and a brief spell at the Office for National Statistics.
Currently studying for a Master’s degree in Police Leadership & Management at Warwick Business School.
I have been heavily involved in Gwent Black Police Association (GBPA) since I joined the force in 2006. I served for two years as the Training, Recruitment and Progression Officer and was elected Chair in November 2013.
My election promise includes a higher profile for the Association, working more closely with other Staff Associations, and assisting the Police & Crime Commissioner to reduce race Hate Crime in Gwent.
We are now known as GEMA (Gwent Police Ethnic Minority Association).
My ‘BRAVE’ vision helps meet the objectives of Gwent Police:
- Be Engaged in BME Communities and lead on reducing Race Hate Crime
- Raise the GEMA profile locally, regionally and nationally
- Agitate for Gwent Police to better reflect the ethnic minority communities it serves – a Service that Works
- Value and support our members
- Empower and progress BME staff & officers in Gwent Police – an Employer of Choice
I am passionate about serving the public, representing BME communities, working with other BME staff networks in the Welsh public sector and with regional BPAs.